Newspaper Clippings for
2 April 1956
MASONIC TEMPLE IS ACCEPTED AT MILLBURN RITES
$60,000 LODGE HALL DEDICATED
MILLBURN - A new $60,000 temple serving a wide rural area was
dedicated by the Millburn Masonic Lodge Saturday evening.
The dedication took place after the deed for the building was
turned over to the lodge by the Millburn Temple Assn., a separate
organization of Masonic members who financed, built and readied
the temple for occupancy.
The deed was presented by Philip W. Anderson, president of the
association to T. R. Messler, master of the lodge. Recognition
was given to officers of the association Henry Reidel, vice
president; B. J. Hooper, secretary; Ray Ferry, treasurer; LaVern
A. Dixon, attorney; Eric Anderson, Kless Gyzen, Alfred Pierce and
T. R. Messler.
After presentation of the deed, Milton R. Sonntag, grand master
of the lodge in Illinois, and his staff of state officials,
conducted the dedication ceremony.
Nearly 200 persons were entertained after the service at dinner
provided by the officers of the lodge and their wives.